The You Can Bursary was launched in 2011 by Dame Tanni Grey Thompson at the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG). It is a small grant programme to support the inclusion of disabled people in self supported and organised expeditions and learning journeys in the UK. We hope to be announcing the opening of of this scheme later in the year. Currently we are open to groups who would like to register their interest.
- Age 16-24 years
- In full time education
- UK resident
- Team of no more than 6 people (excluding support staff where appropriate). The team must have 3 or more disabled members
- The team must have a supporting body who are able to underwrite the off-site safety and welfare of the team, (teacher/lecturer/expedition leader/youth leader etc) who is prepared to support the application.
- Provide details of one independent adult
- The grant will only be awarded on the understanding that the recipient is able to submit a report about their experience in an appropriate format, and is able to account for their expenditure.
- Be prepared to produce a report and share their experiences with the wider disabled community to encourage other people
- Venture can be either in UK or abroad.