If you’ve discovered the wonder of canoeing and ready for the next adventure, then why not try out Introduction To Moving Water – Canoe course.By the end of it, you will be able to handle a canoe safely on moving water at a low grade and also develop your skills in good paddling technique. You will then have the tools to continue progressing as a canoeist and paddle on water of similar grades with friends.
- Learn how to handle a boat safely in tandem and as a solo crew.
- Learn about the different types of personal kit and clothing available and what works best for you.
- Boat safety – what to do in the event of a capsize.
- Develop safe paddling skills.
- Basic strokes
- Develop good paddling technique
- Learn to canoe on moving water.
- Learn improvised sailing techniques.
- Tracking and Lining
- Plan and embark on a canoe journey.
- Learn essential skills needed to develop confidence in the water environment.