An overland journey is the ultimate way to learn the skills and planning needed to experience a real adventure. We will tailor the course to meet your own aims and needs so that by the end of your journey you will have learned a number of key basic skills that will enable you to journey alone or with others in the future.
- Learn how to plan for a journey
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Route planning
- Checking the weather forecast
- Understand your rights and responsibilities in the countryside.
- How to minimise your environmental impact.
- Learn about access issues.
- Learn how to navigate through remote areas using a map, compass and pacing.
- How to be safe in the outdoors. e.g. Give people a route card before you leave.