This page provides you with a set of questions which you may like to consider prior to purchasing equipment, please remember that equipment on its own is seldom the solution, communication, planning choice of environment and training and equipment are all required to create a safe and meaningful inclusive environment.
- Consider your users:
- Who are they?
- Who do you want them to be?
- Consider the use:
- How often are you going to utilise the equipment you are about to purchase?
- Consider your staff:
- Have you the training to use the equipment?
- How are you going to store the equipment?
- What happens when staff change?
- Consider your operational environment:
- Which environments are you going to be using the equipment in?
- Are you and your staff comfortable in these environments?